My Ebay.com Buying Experience

After almost one month, I finally received the ebay item that I have bought from a US based seller. The Diego talking rescue center toy is now due for wrapping in time for Christmas day. I intend to give this to my 4 year old son Kulay. Anyway, I have learned a few things about purchasing an international ebay item:

Waiting time
One of the questions I have asked while waiting for my item to arrive is how long does it take to receive an ebay item that comes from the US. My seller has not informed me when will I receive the item but he has given me a tracking number. The item was sent through USPS (United States Postal Service) on November 18 and the postman delivered a notification about my package today, December 17.

Receiving the Item
Unlike receiving items from local ebay sellers wherein couriers deliver the item straight to the given address of the recipient, items that are sent via USPS need to be picked up at the post office. In my case, I was advised to pick up the item at Davao City’s main postal office although there is a post office in our area.

Customs Fee
And yes, I also realized that you should bring along some money when picking your item. I paid 35 pesos for customs fee for a $27 worth of toy item.

Communicating with international ebay sellers
It will be costly to contact ebay sellers via text or call so it is best to contact them through the contact seller link. I have contacted my seller that I will be giving my feedback as soon as I receive the item when he requested a feedback from me.

1 comments:

Citi Globeshopper Philippines | Kulaydoscope said...

[...] often find it difficult to get or buy some items in some online stores like Amazon because they do not ship certain items such as beauty products like proactiv solution, [...]

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck my Lolly