3K for Using Globe Tattoo in Less than an Hour

Globe Tattoo Overcharge: I got billed 3000 plus for using globe tattoo in less than an hour.


I made a very costly mistake last weekend. I was in the province for the undas and since I got bored waiting for food to be served, I borrowed my brother's laptop so I can surf online. Bro told me I have to use my globe simcard for his globe tattoo. He also told me that he only pays around 20 pesos an hour when he surfs the net using globe tattoo and so using my globe postpaid simcard, I checked my facebook and adsense earnings and published a post in my tech blog. Less than an hour later, I asked for my sim to be removed.

The next day, November 1, I received a text message from 290:

We would like to inform you that your unbilled usage is P4728.95 as of 11-01.....

I was shocked because I only average 500 pesos in my monthly usage. Curious, I checked out my detailed unbilled charges and found out that I was charged 3,117.83 for using the internet! I called the globe hotline and the representative told me postpaid accounts  are charged by kilobyte by default and I should have switched to timed browsing.

On November 4, I received another text message from 290:

Globe advisory: we noticed that your mobile browsing is already beyond 1500. You may want to try another charging scheme that may be suitable for your browsing activities. Just text TIME to 1111 for time based browsing.  You'll be charged 5 for 15 minutes browsing.

Thanks Globe, your advice came four days AFTER I squandered more than three thousand pesos of hard earned money checking my facebook  account with your globe tattoo.

2 comments:

NCLEX review said...

Wow, dapat sana prepaid ka nalang.

NCLEX review said...

Wow, dapat sana prepaid ka nalang.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck my Lolly