Should I Upgrade My Paypal Account?

I have been receiving paypal payments since paypal has allowed Philippine based paypal users to receive paypal funds.
Today though, I received this message when I tried to accept a paypal payment that is sent to me as payment for the articles I have written for an Asian based Magazine:

For Upgrade to a Premier account and accept payments), it says,
"If you expect to receive more than 5 credit or debit card payments per year, or are building a business, we suggest upgrading to a Premier account."

For Option 2, (Keep your Personal account status and accept this payment), it says "Choose this option if you expect to receive fewer than 5 credit or debit card payments per year. Personal account lets you accept 5 credit or debit card payments annually. You can accept 5 more credit or debit card payments before Oct. 12, 2008."

This is the first time that I need to approve a payment that is sent to me. This is also the first time that I received a payment in SGD (Singaporean Dollars) and not in US Dollars. My concern is that the Philippine primary currency is PESOS and not SGD. I wonder if this prompt appears because of the different currency that I received.

Should I upgrade my account? If I get regular assignments from that Magazine that I write for, then I really need to upgrade my account. I dont know if companies like smorty, paypal and reviewme use debit card or credit card to send paypal funds because I have been receiving payments from them too.

4 comments:

Upgrading Paypal Account said...

[...] have previously blogged at cantalktech that I received a notification in my paypal dashboard to upgrade my paypal account. Yesterday, I received a comment from a fellow blogger asking me whether I have upgraded my paypal [...]

Pending Paypal Withdraw Transaction | can talk tech said...

[...] Thanks for visiting!Last week, January  24, 2008, hubby made a  withdraw transaction from his paypal funds to his EON debit card. Withdrawal transactions from paypal to debit card, as far as our experience [...]

acnerdz said...

if you would receive regular payments and direct credit card payments, then you should upgrade to premiere.

WHO? said...

personal accounts have lower fees compared to premiere.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck my Lolly